Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Model 19s on the way

  1. #1
    Inactive Member fmjbullitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2005
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    After years of wanting them,I have found and purchased a pair of 19s. Now I just have to wait for them to arrive!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Dylanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where did you get them from? What is the age and condition?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member fmjbullitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2005
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They are from Indianapolis. As far as age I am not sure, but condition is excellent. The only item that is missing are the bases which are easily replaced.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Dylanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just built two sets for a friend and myself. I used Oak and used corner blocks I thought this would be good and strong. In the end sprayed with bed liner (Black) looks almost exact to the applied vinyl but the grain shows through. If I were to do it again I would use something like poplar ( no grain and finish would be exact) but may damage eaiser.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member fmjbullitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2005
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I forgot to mention that they are also missing the foam around the horns, but I see a post here telling of someone making a good reproduction, so I will probably contact them.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Dylanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    KCM and myself just purchased two pair. The quality is good and worth the investment.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Where is this link to the Model 19 foam around the 911 horn? I am new here and would like to get some new foam for my 19's. The old foam disentegrated abouy 20 years ago.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Check out the first post in this thread:

    Link to thread

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you! I mailed a check to Paul this morning. The foam on mine rotted out over 20 years ago.

    Now if I could get a price on the super 19 crossovers, I could get the 19's back in shape.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member gearjammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2002
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes I know what you mean about the prices!!! How come we never hear about any prices??? All we hear is how great this stuff is but no prices. forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.